Monday, July 27, 2015

Los mejores dias!

just one of the many days our bikes broke down hahah thats what you get when you buy a bike for 600 pesos

just me and my cat friend


birthday asado we had today with Hermano Hugo!! celebrating me and elder martinez bday haha. yay for aging


July 27th, 2015

HEY YALL

Thanks for all the bday wishes!! I definitely feel loved and special hehe. Super different having a bday on the mish! But I was definitely treated well...the whole zone got together this morn and we had a lil activity and then for lunch we all went to a members home and ate asado (every kinda of meat you can think of) and a huuuge cake. So much fun.

Soo where to begin. We started out this week getting a call from the APs that right away  we needed to go help some hermanas in our zone who were not getting along at all and like fighting and stuff. soo we went on exchanges with them for like 2 days. I tried my best in following the spirit in what to say to these missionaries, cause I do notttt like drama and cause Ive never really had girlfriends that do drama????. But everything worked out and things are better between them. It was so hard for me to not  just say, you guys are missionaries and representatives of Jesus Christ!  The mission isn't supposed to be easy!  Suck it up and get to work...but I didn't say that haha.

Oh also this week I decided to start the book of mormon over again. I found this manual in the apartment that I am studying from and maaaaaannn do I love my personal study time! I learn so much and things from the scriptures just amaze me and make me so happy!! Like the other day, I learned that in 1 Nephi 13 v 12 it totes talks about Christopher Columbus!! Like whaaat hahaha I was so surprised and things like this happen on the daily. The book of Mormon is just oh so true and happy.

Theres like cute girl named M`len who is an old investigator who had a baby this week! The thing is she's 17 (which is totes normal to be having babes). And her poor lil baby has complications. We went to go visit them in the hospital this week! The lil girl os so tiny and cutie! She was just in a lil incubator and it was so sad to see all these lil babies lined up in their incubators. Hospitals are scary here haha but this little baby is getting better! Maybe this trial will help M'len realize that she needs the gospel in her life.

We have this new investigator named Jose who is like 45 years old and super sweet, He has a few lil problems in his head and is a lil slow, but is suuuper smart and knows the Bible like no other. He has a baptismal date for the 22 of Aug! But he's like super protestant and did not want to come to church at all. But then saturday night he totally texted us and asked what he needs to wear to come to church!! So he came to church the next morn! Woooohoo. But after church, we asked him if he liked it, and he said mas o menos. and were like why?! And as a ward, we have an activity on wednesday to play some soccer and stuff and obvi he was invited, and he told us that was so wrong to do, and that in the Bible it says you cant play sports. Hahha so Im not too sure where that verse is found. But on the bright side, we have an appointment with him tomorrow again! Keep Jose in your prayers!

OKay fam sorry my emails haven't been tooo detailed, I hope that one was a lil better! Im excited for a new upcoming week. Its so nice to be able to have a new week and a new chance to try again and be a little better. I am so grateful for the atoning sacrifice of our Savior, and for his perfect example. I am not a perfect person or missionary, but I am sure striving to be more like Him! I love Him, and His perfect gospel that I have the chance to declare! Know that I am doing great and striving to be the missionary that you are praying for me to be. I love it here. I am having experiences and learning more than I ever would have in any other place. It is just so cool to be able to talk to strangers and bare my little testimony with them each day. I wish we could all just be missionaries for ever and ever hehe. But hey we can because we are members of the true church and its part of out baptismal covenants to share the gospel...so go do it! I love you all! Thx for all the bday wishes! Im 20 omg! Love, Hermana Farrow

No comments:

Post a Comment