Monday, January 5, 2015

Feliz año neuvo family

I would have to spill brownie mix all over myself!

On our way to a hike on pday.


Jumping for joy!!!


Jan. 5, 2015

Feliz año neuvo Family!

So sweet you all  went to the rose parade and had happy happy holidays!  Makes me so happy to know my fam is doin well! And yayyy so excited for blakey and chels!  Dying over these engagement pics here in the cyber everyone is looking at the computer screen here too haha.  But wow another fantastic week has passed!  Cant quite wrap my mind around that its already 2015 and a brand new year!  We had such a fun start to our year!

We went to the one and only hna Margartias house for dinner on new years eve! Had the best meat and all types of salads and bread of course. We were allowed to stay out til 10:30 pm and also stay up til midnight!  SO that was so fun.  After dinner we got back to the apartment and realized that we didn't have much to do as we waited til midnight so we decided to watch a joseph smith movie hahaha and we were oh so tired being up this late! oh the life of a missionary. So then at 12 all of our neighbors and basically the whole city was setting off fireworks wooohoo so much fun!

The next day we went with some of the elders on a hike in cinco saltos and that was exciting and fun to do something different!  SO yes a very happy new year for us indeed!

This week I focused myself on discerning and following the spirit, especially in our lessons. As I did this, I was able to see the promise that as we open our mouths, we are given the words in the exact moment we need them. The gift of tongues is real! The Spanish  is coming more and more each day and I feel I am able to act myself in spanish...not just the church stuff!  SO grateful for my awesome companion and that she's not a gringa!

Also this week I have been thinking about the role of God. I love that in our church we call him our Heavenly Father. He truly is the father of us all. I like to think of him as my own dad, who is so willing to give us the things we ask for, as long as we work for them. For example, whenever I wanted to go jet skiing, dad never had a problem with it, under the circumstances that I helped him get allll our stuff together in his truck..and of course after wards the annoying part of spraying them down haha. ANyways, I feel I am becoming so close to my father in heaven as I study about his plan and learn of the daughter I am to become. He knows me perfectly and for this I am so grateful!  I have had prayers answered and have had countless confirmations to me that help me to know he is there and that I am never alone! I love him and this privilege and honor I have to be a part of this grand work! I have learned so much not only about the gospel, but about myself and the way the Lord speaks to me. I am making the greatest memories and learning to trust and rely on Heavenly Father and his perfect plan!

I am excited to be immersed in this work for the entire year of 2015! Gunna be one great year I just know it! I love you all so much! Never gotta worry about hermana farrow, Im in the hands of a loving father!  Hope you have a great week and keep on smiling.

Remember the nails yall.

-Hermana Farrow

A hike on a p-day......and brookie getting brownie mix all over the place!!

No comments:

Post a Comment