Monday, December 8, 2014

Hola!

Dec. 8, 2014

Hellllo! Thanks for all the emails this week guys! I am smiling so big right now and even tearin up a lil reading all these! Another week has flown by oh my! I have a brand new district and we are all ready for this new transfer! Out goal is to have a baptism this transfer and I know me and my comp can do it! I don't even know where to begin the days all mush together into one!

First of all...we went to our district meeting this week and guess who I see! Hermana Katie Packard! wooohooo so I'm no longer the baby of the district. So yep shes brand new right off the plane and it was so fun getting to talk to her and catching up on life! Shes so sweet and we took a pic on her camera so hopefully she sends that to her parents so yall can see it!

All is well over here! Our investigators are progressing slowly but surely. Saturday morning I had a cool lil personal experience. We woke up 15 mins early to go on a run and then after I hopped in the shower...and I heard Hna Lopz on the phone and she told me that we need to go see a less active member cause she was having pain in her eye and wanted us to come. Not gunna lie I was a lil annoyed cause I just wanted to shower and get ready and have my personal study time and her house is the farthest street in our area and thought, what are we even gunna do for her, cant the elders just go..they re the ones with the preisthood. So I hopped outa the shower and got dressed and we were on our way. While we were walking I had a lil personal evañuation and thought wow how selfish I was being. And had the simple thought come to my mind, what would Jesus do? He wouldnt be frustrated that he had to walk 30 mins to help his friend, or wouldn't care that he didnt get to studu or that his hair was soaking wet. I felt awful and realized that this is what my whole mission is about, putting my self aside and doing as Christ would and helping others. We arrived at Ericas house and the elders gave an awesome blessing. The spirit was so strong and I felt to special that this lady thought enough of us missionaries to call us at 7 in the morning and have us help her.

I am learning so much every day and know that I am happiest when I am serving others. Little experiences everyday help me to realize my purpose as a missionary. There really are no words to describe the experiences that I have here serving the people of Centenario. I love this Christmas time and being able to share my testimony of Jesus Christ. My faith is increasing and know that it is only through faith that things come to pass. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know He lives and His hand is in out lives everyday if we have the eyes to see it.

Okay here's just some random stuff maybe yall would like to know about mi vidaaaa!
This week we saw this old lady struggling to walk into her house so we help her into her house and into her wheelchair. We asked what we can do so she gave us a huge list of stuff haha so we were mopping the floor and all that and she says to me...hey come here! so I went over to her and she said look! and stuck her tongue out at me and not gunna lie it was proably the grossest thing I have eber seen and had like green lumps haha oh my gosh. She wanted to show me that this happened from taking her pills. So that was fun haha.

Tang is actually really good and the members never fail to give us this for everrrry meal or visit. (They drink tang to make the water taste better)

We find cockroaches in our apartment and clothes so thats fun!!

I'm basically a plumber now and have mastered teh technique of sticking my hand in the tank of teh toilet and manually flushing!

Centenario has the most beautiful sunsets every day and I always think the 2nd coming is coming.

I embarrass myself at least once a day with my spanish or spilling my water or something.

Everything is better with dulce de leche!

I sleep soo good every night and we come home so exhausted, but somehow we have just enought energy to wake up and do the same thing every day!

Men are scary and whistle at us

The mission is all about awkward moments...so I fit right in!

My watch/farmers/grandma shoe tanlines are awesome.

I smile at every person I see!

Okay thats all I can think of for now! I love you all and you are all in my prayers! Especially you Grandma Moon! Love you so much! 

xoxo, Hermana Farrow

ps blake or someone can you send me the remember the nails poem plzzz!

No comments:

Post a Comment