Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Week 2 in Centenario!

me in front of our pension! well thats what its called in spanish...i guess apartment in english haha




me and hna lopez made empenadas this week on a day we didn't have lunch con un miembro! they were goooood.


The center of Centenario!

i saw this sign from far away and thought it said nicholas gruen and got xcited for a sec hahaha



 Nov. 4, 2014


Hi hi Hermana Farrow here! Como anda?! That means whats up.  Week two was just fantastic woohooo! okay don´t even know where to begin!

So a few high lights from this weeeek. Only got almost attacked by only one dog this week! He came outa know where and grabbed onto my boot and I screamed and kicked him off haha.....and by boot I mean yes this week it was absolutely freezing here!  In the 40's.   I was dying and the wind was sooo loco!  So earlier this week were were walkin to a lesson and the wind started getting super strong.  We started talkin to this guy on the street and so obvi I had to open my eyes and before I knew it there was somethin in my eye. and like yeah that happens all the time and you can just blink it out, but noo there was actually something in there.   My hermana was tryin to see what it was but she couldn't and oh man i was just tearin up outa my right eye. but there was nothin I could do cause we had a lesson with Marcelo soo I I taught a whole lesson with somethin in my eye hahaha i was like crying out of it the whole time and squinting and every time I blinked it killed hahah oh man so we made it a quick lesson and eventually I washed it out with water so it was all good! B ut oh man it was so funny.
oh another highlight was people here are very complimentary! Is that a word? People all the time say you're not from here are you haha just by looking at me. So a lady in a wheelchair this week told me she wanted to cut my green eyes out for herself.  And then another lady told me I look like cinderella hahah. Then at church this sunday I was trying to talk to this new investigator and trying to explain something to him so he  could understand...so i said sorry for my español...and he was like no no you speak beautiful spanish and have a beautiful accent HAHAHA pretty sure he was a little disabled...but hey I'll take it! oh man what else. our lady with a baptismal date dropped us this week and that was super sad. but we have Marcel planned for Nov 29! woohooo!

OH and I forgot to say that every time you see someone here you know you'll  kiss them on the cheek and it is so fun haha i love it! the people are very friendly for the most part and the members take good care of the missionaries. There are 2 sets of elders and us in our little ward. Oh and I found out this week that hna lopezs fave movie is chicas rubias...aka white chicks and I just about died cause thats my fave movie! ahh I love her!  Sometimes it is just so hard cause we cant understand each other, even with the help of my translator, but we get along great and laugh about everything. We went on intercambios..exchanges i think it is in english..and i was with hna hafen and she is a gringa and so sweet! so that was fun and nice lil break from spanish.

Things are coming along and i am getting the hang of things here in Centenario!   Spanish is coming along and I am getting better at understanding the people. I just wish i could express myself cause I have so much to say but ahhh I know it will come!  This week i was trying to say the word investigator in english and I  couldn't think of how to say it cause i just kept saying it in spanish hahah so thats progress!  But things are all good here!  It is hard hard work. and i miss my fam so dang much..but the Lord hears and answers my prayers and knows just what i need when he knows I've had enough.  We are not alone!  Heavenly  father is there and is waiting/pleading for us to come unto him!  I can promise you that!  I am grateful for this opportunity  I have to serve.  I already feel like a changed person just in these 2 months. All is well family! hey hey I get to skype y'all next month omg!! woohooo!! gracias por todo!

xoxo, hermana brookie farrow

No comments:

Post a Comment