Tuesday, November 18, 2014

All Smiles in Centenario

Nov. 18, 2014





Hermana Farrow was a day late due to her companion being sick all day yesterday.  They had to stay home and get her better;)  All is well now!!!!!!!  I hope they don't break the beds!!!!

holaaaa familia!

Wow, did this week sure fly by!  This work is coming along and the days are getting brighter!  Literally...summer is coming and it is starting to get super hot!   I can´t believe next week is Thanksgiving for you guys!  To be honest I totally forgot about that holiday cause there is no talk about it here!  haha,  but in the supermarket they are staring  to have decorations for the navidad so that's exciting! woohoo so glad to hear my family is doing well!  I love and miss you all so very much! Okaaaay where to begin..

This week was a good one! I am staring to get used to this wonderful little town of Centenario!  I went on exchanges again this week with another hermana who is also a gringa and we were in my area this time!  and I was kinda scared cause I didn't think I knew my area very well..but we only got lost once!  We had so much fun and talked to EVERYONE we saw!  She is such a good example of a missionary I want to be and she showed me the importance of talking to every person.

Now that español is coming along..I am having a new love of tracting! Haha for reals it is so fun!  My favorite thing is when we tell them..somos misioneras de la iglesia de JesuCristo de Los Santos de los ultimos dias..and then they go ohh yeah no thanks I'm catholic...and everrryyyone is catholic here. and we say oh perfect!!  So you believe in God! How do you feel God has helped you in your life? and sometimes they can´'t exactly answer this question.  But everyone pretty much believes  in God and has great faith which is grrreat! so woohoo!

We found some new investigators this week and one of them came to church on sunday and I was so excited! She's 17 and so cute and wants to be baptized wooo! My comp has only had 1 baptism and I told her that we are going to get another baptism for her so she goes home with at least 2! Oh man I am so pumped and just want to preach the good word!

Our ward is having a temple trip to Buenos Aires in March so thats like a super big deal for everyone!  So we are working with less actives tons and trying to get them to church so they can work toward getting to the temple!  I am so happy for them because the temple is honestly my favorite place on earth and I just want them to feel that!  Also I really am trying to learn how to use family search so we can show the members how to do their family  history to take to the temple! fun stuff!

All is well here in Argentina! I am doing great and learning something new every day. I love Hermana Lopez. We are getting closer every day and I can pretty much completely understand her woohooo! She is very patient with my spanish and I am helping her with her english! We play little word games as we are walking to lessons and laugh all the time.  She wants to learn the song the climb by Miley cyrus so I wrote it down for her...half of it was probably wrong cause I couldn't remember the words..and she wrote down her fave spanish song for me to learn!

Thank you family and friends for your love and prayers! I feel so blessed to be a missionary at this time in history! Theres an army of 88,000 of us and it is only growing! I am becoming closer to my Savior and I know that he is watching over and protecting his missionaries on the daily. So no need to worry about me..I am in the best hands! Keep smiling guys...we have all the reason in the work to be happy! Love you ALL! until next week!

Con mucho mucho amore,

Hermana Farrow

No comments:

Post a Comment