Saturday, October 11, 2014

Our travel plans came!!!!

Our district on General Conference Sunday

Got our travel plans!!!!!!  So exciting.

We love to see and be int he temple!


October 11, 2014

HOLLLLA!! como esta mi familia?! Hope y'all had a great week! I sure did.

So rewind to last weekend! Gen Conf was so awesome we all said it felt like Christmas to us missionaries! #ldsgenconf lol. Nothing like being spiritually drained! So many inspiring talks I loved it. Did y'all notice how Sunday like every single talk was about following the prophet and heeding to his words, even when somethings he tells us are not the easiest to follow?? So all of us were like holy crap President Monson is gunna make a crazy announcement like lowering the mission age to 16 or something haha. He didn't quite do that. I loved what he actually spoke about. Our prophet so simply spoke on the importance of coming unto Christ. That is our purpose as missionaries is to "Invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo". We must turn to Christ and become better disciples of Him. He said "to help guide us, we have the words of God". That has stuck with me this week y mi tiempo de estudiar personal es muy precioso a mi. No better way to follow Christ than by feasting upon his teachings, am I right? so yeah, loved every minute of #ldsgenconf.

So as you know, this was our 5th week at the CCM!! and we are the "old" ones on campus. and sometimes things just get a lil outa hand when our district full of our 4 talkative hermanas and 7 18 year old elders hahaha just hard to focus at times cause we've been together for for 5 weeks 12 hours a day in the classroom haha. SOOOO our amazing teacher, Hermano Cuadra, could tell that were were having a hard time focusing, so he sat us down in our desks and gave us a much needed chastisement about working our hardest these last 2 weeks. He told us the neatest story his dad told him before he left for his mission to chile. I'm gunna tell the short version of it real quick! So tbt to when I was in Heaven. I had this best friend who I did everything with. We had the grand council and were so excited to come down to earth. So one day we went to submit our "papers" to come to earth! My friend and I prepared to gain a body and I finally got my "call" to come down to earth! I was so excited and almost ready to leave, I went to say goodbye to my best friend but I couldn't find him anywhere. It was getting closer to my time to come down (my earthly mama was in labor and having some serious contractions hehe). I was so heartbroken that I couldn't find my friend to say goodbye. I went to the departure gate and Heavenly Father was standing there waiting for me. He gave me a big hug and asked if there was any last thing he could do for me. I told Him I wish I could have found my friend to say goodbye. He told me that my friend had already come down to earth! He would be born into a family without the gospel, but I would be blessed to be raised in the gospel. God said that it is my duty to go to earth, find my friend, and bring him back home.

So that story def hit home for me. So grateful my teacher shared that because it completely changed my outlook on this next year and a half. I can't waste my time because this is the Lord's time, and I need to find that friend that I promised I would bring home! Hermana Albach and I decided to buckle down and make the best out of these last two weeks! We set some awesome goals that are helping us to focus and work harrrrd. We have seen blessing after blessing just in this past week from our hard work, and I have no doubt the Lord has His hand in it.

Ready for the best part of my week? K so on Miercoles we had another lesson with Benjamin, who is our toughest investigator. We know he has had something in his past that makes him believe God doesn't know his personally and doesn't hear his prayers. (keep in mind benjamin is really hermano cuadra) SO we were so prepared for this lesson. We went in there and decided to be BOLD and asked what exactly has happened in his life to make him think these things. He kept getting around the question without fully answering, but we were persistent and he finally opened up. He old us that his wife and kids were killed in a car accident. As soon as he said this the spirit filled the room and I felt it so strong in my chest. This is real life stuff too cause Hermano Cuadra has actually had tons of tragedy in his life, including his son passing away when he was a baby. So anyways, at the end of the lesson I had a prompting to share something with him. By this point in the lesson, he was telling us that he had no more time to talk today and that he doesn't like to talk to others about this subject. But this prompting did not go away, so I asked if i could share an experience with him. So in my broken spanish, I explained to him that I have an older sister who passed away when she was a few days old. I explained that this was a very difficult time in my parents' lives. I then testified that because of Christ and through this gospel I know I can see my sister Karlie again. I said, and Benjamin, I know that you will also be able to see your wife and kids again. I have felt the spirit in lessons before, but I have never felt anything like that. I was crying as I testified of this and so was he. Even though these are "fake" lessons, the spirit is so real. He thanked me for sharing that and I was so glad I followed that prompting. Ahhh I just love this gospel! It's so true.


OKay so we got a new investigator this week!! Maria is 18 years old and from Venezuela! Our first lesson did not go so well with her...she just rolled her eyes every time we got kinda deep into the gospel. She also started off the lesson asking about polygamy, why we cant drink coffee, and why we can't do things on sunday. Keep in mind that we have to answer all these in spanish :-) hahaha. After our lesson, the head lady in charge of the investigators wanted to talk to us and told us Maria is a real non member! :0 and she has friends giving her antimormon things to read and all that. So the lady just said the best thing we can do for maria is to find a was to love her. So that's just what I did! I was like crap, I can't mess us cause this is real stuff!! We spent the next lessons getting to know her better, and telling her about our lives and that we are normal people and had normal lives before our missions. I showed her pics of my cute fam and she loved em. We got her to open up to us and she told us her dreams in life and desires and what not! Yesterday was our last lesson with her cause we change investigators every week :( but it went to well! we didn't need to convert her, but we explained that she is a daughter of God and that he loves her so much. We all got emotional haha that's just how us girls are but it was so amazing! I testified of the happiness that is brought to me from knowing I have a perfect Savior who knows me perfectly. The lesson was perfect and she gave us the biggest hugs after! We gave her our emails too! Who knows what will happen to her, but we know we did our job with planting that first seed!

OKKKKAY so yesterday we got our travel plans!!!!! My visa went through and I'm off to Argentina on Monday Oct 20!! that's 9 days omg. Everyone in my district's visas went through too! miracle. We leave SLC monday morning at 11 am, and fly to atlanta. Then a 5 hour layover there...then we take a red eye to Buenos Aires!! ahhhhhhh I am so stoked! Best feeling ever yesterday getting our trav plans!!! You know how people say "I hated the MTC" well ya know what I absolutely love it! Seriously it's such a blast. But don't get me wrong I'm so dang excited to start this journey in Neuquen!!! wooohooooo. Next week is my last week in 'merica omg I'm freaking out!!! so happy :)

shout out to the pliler's for the package! totally made my day and those rice crispy treats we sooo good. closest thing to a home cooked meal in a while!

and shout out to garrett cause I got to see him a few times this week! Such a stud and all the hermanas in my district are in love with him hahaha woops I don't think I'm allowed to say that.


Well I love you all family!! Had an awesome experience in the temple this morning doing initiatories and it reminded me of how grateful I am to have an eternal family! thanks for all your love and support. have fun at homecoming this week bails! be good brin brin and keep on golfing! I love my parents so much! Thanks for the email this morning dad hahaha you're the best and one of a kind. I love my bro Blakey! thanks for your example bro I am trying to follow in your footsteps every day! but hey email me every once in a while, would ya? And brittany I love your sister dear!! thanks for the cute pics of my fave babes! They are both getting so big! love you all so much!!

Until next week familia!

con mucho amor,
hermana brookie farrow





No comments:

Post a Comment